CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Find Rest, My Soul

Something is stirring but I'm not sure what. It is a torn, longing discontentment. It is a desire to know the Lover of my soul, the Creator of the universe, God. It is realizing my wretched heart, my selfish wants, my mistakes. It is watching my arrogance showing itself behind the mask of hard work.
It is wanting to be with something so perfect but unattainable in this life. It is the shame that bleeds when simply looking at perfection. It is the feeling of being in a rut when trying to climb mountains. It is a whirlwind of self, pride, hope and desire.

My feet no longer fit the footprints in the ground of this Earth. My eyes no longer look down. My hands have a life of their own as they grasp for something I cannot see.
My mind contains fireworks of ideas, dreams, songs, with only myself clouding the light.
Who understands the complexity of my Saviour's logic? With Him on my side, who can hold down the wings He has given me? With Him, I am going somewhere. The schism of my soul will be mended and I will breath the freshest air.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo Olesia!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to find thename of the omposer for the song you sang at Trinity Wall Street, youtube, "Set me as a Seal" - I love that arraingement, but can't figure out who wrote it or where to get it. Can you help? Thanks!!!

jchilton111@aol.com
Joanne Hilton