CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Indescribable

Recently, I was asked to define honor as part of a school assignment. I couldn't do it and left the question blank.
In 10th grade, I had to write a paper on What is Faith. It was the hardest thing I'd ever written up to that point.
I just spent the last three days mostly sitting in a chair around strangers on stage and singing old music, yet I had the time of my life.
It doesn't make sense.
I've found that things that are important to me, things that move me and that I consider sacred almost, are indescribable.
I could talk about God, but everything would be an understatement.
Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe the feeling that stirs inside of me when an amazing piece is sung.
I am speechless.
Loss of words. That says something.

Love is such an overused and abused word. Nowadays, it's just a feeling.
Love is real when you are left speechless.

I may not speak for other right now, but when I get going, I can talk for days.
Yet, I am silenced when I am asked sincerely how I feel, when I ask myself how I feel.
I tried writing in my diary today and ended up having a page blotted with words and phrases, some bolded, some underlined, and one full sentence. I gave up trying to explain, and just wrote down things that were floating in my head.
When I am inspired, I am speechless. I have no words for the stirring emotion in my chest.
When I am scared, I am speechless. My fears come in bursts like fireworks.
When I love something, I am speechless. My words fail.
Maybe that's where music comes in, where tears and blank stares, and hugs come in.
To help.
Some things are better left unspoken. To try to explain would simply further you from the truth.
I will never understand God.
Music will never be defined.
These feelings might never find words.
But I think this means something.
I am speechless for a reason.
It's indescribable.



1 comments:

The Lion Of God said...

Well said. I particularly like your comment saying that it really says something when your left speechless. =]

Arel.