CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Homesick

What is this feeling, this odd, sinking, irrational feeling down in the bottom of my gut that just drags me down as the night moves on? It makes no sense. I can truly say that today was the best Christmas I've had so far. My friends and family were all here, and we had a great time yet, as the day wore on, something happened. I'm not quite sure. Nothing was wrong. I just felt wrong.

Jesus is supposed to give me peace, comfort and joy. More than I can ever know. And he does. But I am here on Earth while he resides in Heaven. We are not physically together. As long as I am here on Earth, I will feel earthly feelings. Like sadness and depression and confusion. Is it possible to be homesick for a place I've never been? How can I explain that this world is not my home? I know I am not the only one who longs for the day when I will be filled. To the brim. No more heavy breaths weighing me down. No more eyes squeezing with tears. I will not have pain to be ashamed of. I will be held. And my soul will not ache for Heaven, like it did today, because I will be with Him, Heaven in its truest sense.

0 comments: